Friday 8 July 2016


Wedding Day Cards.....



With the wedding season fast approaching I have made the above cards using a cutting file, designed by Rae Carr, which is available here http://myprintablecrafts.com/products/3993?variant=11210487366  The file is available in several formats for use with different cutting machines.



Dowload and extract files from the zip file.

I used the Brother Scan n Cut CM600 machine but there are other file types available for use with other cutting machines.

Like many of you, I have had the Scan n Cut for over 18 months and use it very little. I’m ok with basic shapes on the same cards but would like to use it more and think that these files could be just the thing to get me started.

The .fcm file has to be transferred onto a usb, which can then be inserted into the side of the machine.

Open the file and then you can begin cutting.



I cut the main pieces of the file on 320gsm centura pearl card and the topper panel onto 250gsm silver card.

Tip - When I removed the silver layer from the cutting mat, the pieces came away cleanly leaving the ‘waste’ in place on the mat. Cover this with low tack masking tape and remove from the cutting mat.  This can be used as a topper later.


To make up the card, I took the front panel with the heart aperture and scored diagonal lines on it, to add texture.

I then placed all the layers on top each other and offset the silver and white layers to create a shadow effect.  ‘By eye’ I then trimmed the silver and top white layer to create a small border around all the pieces.

Using foam tape, I layered up all the layers.

Using Crystal Drops (or something similar), I placed dots on the intersections of the scored lines.
Flowers or Ribbon could be added to the trellis section at the top.

An insert printed from the computer was added.

Some other ideas…..

·        Replace the silver layer with the brides choice of colour.
·         Use the hearts supplied and the masking technique mentioned above to make bunting or table decorations.

·         Use the making technique above to make a topper for a different card or a gift tag.


1 comment:

  1. Melanie - I love all the items you created using my cutting file. Thanks so much! Rae

    ReplyDelete